Honors Core for Mathematics Majors
In order to graduate with honors for Schreyer Honors College students majoring in mathematics must complete the following:.
- The general requirements for the major as specified in the Undergraduate Mathematics Handbook
- The honors thesis (MATH 494H)
- Three MATH courses at the 300- or 400-level from the following list with a grade of B or better in each course, and with a grade point average of at least 3.50 for those courses with the three best grades:
- MATH 310H
- MATH 311M
- MATH 313H
- MATH 312H
- MATH 403H
- MATH 497A
- MATH 497B
- MATH 497C
- Honors option core courses at the 300- or 400-level. See this web page for a description.
- Any 500-level math course counts toward this requirement.
Department of Mathematics regularly offers honors sections of 100- and 200-level courses. These courses are recommended for honors students in mathematics. For answers to questions regarding this program, please contact Dr. Sergei Tabachnikov, the Honors Director for the Department of Mathematics.