I have received AP credit for MATH 141 (i.e., I have received either a grade of 4 or 5 on the BC exam). Should I take MATH 141 or should I take MATH 230?
- Does your major require additional math courses beyond MATH 230?
- Has it been more than a year since you last took calculus?
- Are you dependent on calculators?
- Are you dependent upon your teacher to learn the material?
- Do you have trouble reading math textbooks and learning material on your own?
- Do you memorize formulas and algorithms as opposed to understanding the concepts?
- Do you feel that your high school has not adequately prepared you for a college course in math?
- Do you think you will feel uncomfortable in a classroom that consists of almost all upperclassmen?
- Take the following Math 141 Final Exam. Did you score below a 70%?
If you answered
yes to any of the above questions then you should consider taking MATH 141.