I have received AP Credit for MATH 140 (i.e., I have received either a grade of 4 or 5 on the AB exam or a grade of 3 on the BC exam). Should I take MATH 140 or should I take MATH 141?
- Does your major require additional math courses beyond MATH 141?
- Has it been more than a year since you last took calculus?
- Are you dependent on calculators?
- Are you dependent upon your teacher to learn the material?
- Do you have trouble reading math textbooks and learning material on your own?
- Do you memorize formulas and algorithms as opposed to understanding the concepts?
- Do you feel that your high school has not adequately prepared you for a college course in math?
- Take the following Math 140 Final Exam. Did you score below a 70%?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, then you should consider taking MATH 140.