- To stimulate research in the theory of dynamical systems and related areas at Penn State.
- To serve as a forum for exchange of ideas and discussion of achievements within the world-wide dynamical systems community.
- To forster interaction, exchange of ideas and joint projects between mathematicians and researchers in other areas interested in non-linear dynamics. To disseminate the knowledge of the achievements in dynamical systems theory within the scientific community.
- To contribute to the training of the next generation of researchers in dynamical systems and related areas.
- The 30th Fall meeting of the Workshop in Dynamical Systems and Related Topics will take place on September 26-29, 2019.
- Federico Rodriguez Hertz has accepted the position of the Anatole Katok Chair in Mathematics.
- Michael Brin, Sergey Ferleger and Alexey Kononenko made major donations to support the Center for Dynamical Systems and Geometry which is now named after Anatole Katok. Full story. Additional financial support of the Center comes from the Eberly College of Science at Penn State.
- Zhiren Wang received NSF CAREER grant.
- Michael Hochman was awarded the 2018 Michael Brin Prize in Dynamical Systems.
Penn State Mathematics Department, McAllister Building, University Park, State College, PA 16802
Phone (814) 865-7527 / Fax (814) 865-3735